Over the past several years my family has been touched by the dreaded “C” diagnosis. Yes that is cancer. Both my mother in law and mother have been diagnosed with colon cancer. It’s amazing how once you hear that someone close to you has been given a diagnosis like this you’re prospective on things changes. For example both these women were told that there cancer was not caused by flawed genetics, but that the likely cause was environmental. So since then I have spent more time investigating environmental causes of cancer.
What I have found is that many of the products we use contain chemicals that are not only harsh on germs but harsh on our bodies. For example look at this list of chemicals that are in the leading spray room freshener.
- 1,3-Dichloro-2-propanol – Linked to cancer
- Methyl pyrrolidone – Proven toxic to reproduction and development
- Gerinoil – Irritates skin, eyes and lungs
- Hexyl cinnamal – Is an allergen
- Propulene glycol – Causes cancer, causes allergies and is toxic to the immune system
- Ethyl acetate – Linked to neurotoxicity.
- Alcohol denatured – Known to cause organ system toxicity.
- Ethylhexanol – Irritates skin, eyes and lungs and is toxic to reproduction and developmental systems.
- Linalool – Is an immunotoxin
These are all in one of the most popular air fresheners used in almost every household. Now let’s combine it with all the other chemicals that we use on a weekly basis in our homes. It’s no wonder that we so many people suffer from diseases such as cancer.
It’s important as consumers that we investigate the products that we purchase for not only effectiveness but also for the safety for our bodies and our environment. The choices that we make on a daily basis will dictate how successfully we go through the aging process.
During my research into this area I found that there are several companies out there that have products that are bore more environmental and human friendly. In some cases the cost was the same as leading brands at the local grocery store or even cheaper. If you have any more interest on this subject matter or want to discover where you can buy healthier products please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
by Dr. Imhoff, DC