- 1 cup couscous, 100% whole-wheat Moroccan*
- 1 1/2 cup water boiling
- 1 cup zucchini cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium pepper, red, bell cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, red finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- 1/2 cup dressing, Italian, reduced-fat
- parsley, fresh chopped, or basil, for garnish (optional)
*Follow preparation instructions on the package for cooking couscous. Instant couscous may simply be prepared by pouring boiling water over it, while traditional couscous requires longer cooking.
When couscous is cooked, fluff with fork. Mix in zucchini, bell pepper, onion, cumin and black pepper. Pour Italian dressing over the mixture and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for eight hours before serving.
Nutritional InformationAmount Per Serving
- Calories 80
- Total Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Sodium 240mg
- Carbohydrates 15g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Protein 2g
One thought on “Couscous salad for a healthy dinner tonight.”
Like!! I blog frequently and I really thank you for your content. The article has truly peaked my interest.