Lets cook a healthy lunch together:
Number of servings
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked whole-grain penne pasta
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, no salt added, including juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or oregano
- 1 ounce soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender), 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly. Set aside.
In a pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the asparagus. Cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Spray a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray. Add the chicken and garlic and saute over medium-high heat. Cook until the chicken is golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the tomatoes, including their juice, basil or oregano and simmer 1 minute more.
In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, steamed asparagus, chicken mixture and goat cheese. Toss gently to mix evenly.
To serve, divide the pasta mixture between 2 plates. Sprinkle each serving with 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: About 2 1/2 cups total
- Total carbohydrate 56 g
- Dietary fiber 11 g
- Sodium 276 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total fat 7 g
- Trans fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 63 mg
- Protein 32 g
- Monounsaturated fat 2 g
- Calories 415
- Added sugars 0 g